Tuesday, 8 December 2009

A Whiff of {Summertime} Joy



I don't know about anyone else but I've had enough of the wet, windy and wild weather we've been having. My hair frizzes out like something from the Hair Bear Bunch! Remember them?
When I saw the challenge from Charisma Cardz wanting 'Dreaming of Summer', I though 'Oh, Joy' something other than Christmas!
Well this card is for a few challenges again. The sketch from Whiff of Joy is just a dream to work with, just made it this week. Charisma Cardz are looking for 'Dreaming of Summer'. Challenge up your life want something with the theme Giving Pleasure'. Project Tuesday have the challenge of making a gift bag, as do Sukkersot want you to do a gift bag with inspiration.
My inspiration comes in the shape of the person this gift bag is made for. If she is reading this then she'll know who she is. She is a lifelong friend who has been through the darkest of times in the last few years. With her own inner strength and determination she has turned herself around. She truly is an inspiration to us all. Luv Ya Gal.

Card - Coredinations
Papers - DCWV
Colouring - Distress inks
Image - Whiff of Joy
Sentiment - Hero Arts
Spellbinders dies
Ribbon - Stampin Up
Border punch - Martha Stewart
Flowers - EK Success daisy punches and mulberry flowers
Apple charm, chain and links
Flat back pearls

Thanks for dropping by

18 comments:

Vee said...

I adore your gift bag.The image, the gorgoeus papers and the wonderful colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week
xx Vee

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Barbara,
This bag is glorious. I love the colours and that super cute image. The punched border is beautiful. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sally H said...

Stunningly beautiful! I love those colours - makes me think of spring sunshine!

Pattie G said...

Barbara, I love the colors on this and the papers are perfect. Your flowers are so nice.

hugs
Pattie

My Little Space said...

This is so pretty, your friend is going to love it.

Mandy

biggi-al said...

This card is wonderful - I like the colours!!!

BA said...

what a wonderful gift bag barbara
love the colours
xoxo BA

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just beautiful Such a gorgeous bag you have made. Thanks for joining us at WOJ dear

Sally said...

Your bag is stunning. Great summery colors and image. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Mrs B said...

Oh, you bag is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with this week at Project Tuesday!
CindyB

Lisbeth said...

Denne var bare vårlig og skjønn!!!
Klem,Lisbeth

JanJay said...

Oh this is so pretty, such sweet colours

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Barbara,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sally H said...

Me again - there is something for you on my blog. Just wanted to know how much I value your blog. Don't worry if you are too busy to respond x

Diane said...

Beautiful card. I love the image and the way you have made your blossoms.
Diane x

Kristine said...

Thank you so much for participating at Sukkersött!
Hugs from Kristine;)

stempelhexe said...

Tolle Farben, klasses Motiv, rundherum eine stimmige Karte.

Gruß
Ulla

Manuela said...

great card, i like the warm colours! thanks for playing with us at CUYL! love, manuela